If you’re motivated by good customer service, Cove will make you all warm and cozy inside. Cove told us its policy is to be “more than fair” with customers. That’s probably why Cove has a whopping 98%* customer retention rate. Customers love Cove, and we do too.
On top of offering affordable monthly monitoring prices—that you can get without a contract—Cove makes it painless to cancel if the system isn’t for you. Cove sets you free without punishing penalties and fees, unlike other security solutions that charge 75% to 100% of your remaining contract.
Cove has some more customer-forward goodies we love:
- Large 7-inch touchscreen panel that comes with every package
- InstaText service that lets you confirm an emergency through a quick text message
- LiveAssist service that calls you through the control panel (no phone needed!)
- RapidSOS to get you help sooner
- Cove Equipment Rewards that let you to upgrade to the newest equipment for free
- Lifetime equipment warranty (only one other brand on our list offers a lifetime warranty)
- Rate-lock guarantee that keeps your monitoring price the same
Standout feature: Cove sets itself apart with something it calls “done-with-me installation.” This combo of pro and DIY lets you install the system yourself, with help.
The touchscreen walks you through installation with large, easy-to-follow illustrations. We’ll take it any day over installation booklets or tiny illustrations on an app.
When it comes to monitoring, the Cove Plus monitoring plan is our pick. It includes video monitoring and smart device integration plus a lifetime extended warranty.
“I’ve consistently been impressed with the customer-first focus from Cove. As a newer DIY security system, Cove is up against bigger players like SimpliSafe. It stands out with customer-first policies, seeks out feedback, and then responds to feedback (more camera options, please!) so it can deliver a better security system.”
—Rebecca Edwards, SafeWise security expert