SafeWise is an online resource that provides tools and information to help people make their life safer at home and in their community. SafeWise experts have decades of experience as journalists, product testers, safety and compliance officers, homeowners, and community advocates.
SafeWise is an independent review site. We may earn money when you click links on our site. Learn how we rank and review.
Our writers can provide expert quotes, media appearances, and interviews. Reach out for safety insights and product recommendations on these topics:
- US trends for property crime and violent crime, including the safest cities in the US
- How to protect homes against burglars and package theft
- How to choose and use safety products, including the best home security systems and cameras, kids gps trackers, senior medical alerts, and smart home gadgets
- How to stay safe online—best safety practices and tools for social media and online dating, child internet safety, and protection against viruses and hacking
- How smart home safety, child safety, and senior safety evolve over time
- Emergency preparedness for natural disasters, fires, roadside emergencies, and more
If you have questions about SafeWise, our data studies and reports, or wish to schedule an interview, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Interview Request” in the subject line of the email.
If your interview request is time-sensitive, please include your deadline for interviews in the subject line, (e.g. “Interview Request—September 9, 2022”).
Ask an expert
Our experts love working with journalists to share meaningful insights and helpful advice in the realms of home and community safety. We provide live or recorded interviews, expert quotes, press releases, safety and security recommendations, and guest posts.
Lead safety & tech reporter
Rebecca is the primary spokesperson for SafeWise; send media inquiries to email@example.com
SafeWise editorial team experience
- 65+ years of combined experience as journalists, bloggers, researchers, testers, and reviewers
- 30+ years of combined experience as safety and security writers, testers, officers, etc. in community, home, academic, and digital realms
SafeWise 2022 coverage
Coverage as of July 27, 2022.
- 1,650 mentions, expert quotes, and broadcast airings
- 170 media interviews completed for print, TV, podcasts, and radio
- 12.8 million viewers and listeners from TV and radio broadcasts
SafeWise in the news
SafeWise is committed to creating safer communities through timely news, insightful data analysis, and community action.
Safety reports and data studies
Safest cities in each state
Other data studies
In 2018 we launched the SafeWise for Safe Rides Home campaign. The campaign targets holidays when deaths and accidents from impaired driving spike.
We provide ridesharing credits to communities that see the biggest jumps to help cut down on impaired driving and make our nation’s streets safer for everyone.
in Wyoming, South Carolina, North Dakota, New Mexico, Alabama, Montana, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and Louisiana
Safe rides home given
worth of Lyft credit donated
We partner with the Road to Zero Coalition in our efforts to cut down roadway deaths across the country.
In 2019 we published the Internet Safety Guide for Kids. As part of our efforts to support parents and educators, we provided multiple media interviews.
Our lead safety reporter also contributed cyberbullying tips and advice to the American Society for the Positive Care of Children and the National Foundation to End Child Abuse and Neglect.