How We Make Money
SafeWise is a professional review and comparison website. This means we pay experienced writers to do in-depth research and provide candid feedback about products and services. To keep our services free for you, we provide phone numbers and links to purchase the products we review. When you click on these links, we may receive compensation—the results of our editorial reviews are based on objective assessments. While our affiliate relationships may influence the products we review, they do not affect the analysis and opinions of our writers.
How We Test and Rate Products and Brands
SafeWise evaluates a number of factors that contribute to a product’s rating. We use independent research, expert ratings, customer reviews, and industry standards to rate and review the products and brands featured on our site. When possible, products or plans are tested, evaluated, and compared firsthand by our safety experts.
- Credibility: We find out whether brands or products have been endorsed by other trusted third-party experts. We also explore how reliable and trustworthy each company or product is according to industry standards.
- Consumer Interest: We gauge how interested consumers are in a product or brand. Additionally, we consider how a company receives and implements customer feedback.
- Customer Support: We want to know how each company treats its customers. Our research delves into whether or not customer service is readily available, friendly, and informative.
- Pricing and Inclusions: We compare pricing and fees. We also check for monthly monitoring costs and available rebates.
- Popularity: We incorporate customer ratings and reviews, user feedback, and overall company or product popularity.
- Smart Capabilities and Features: We consider a variety of product and brand features, including smart or home automation capabilities, equipment specs, and any extra bells and whistles.
- Technology and Equipment: We assess whether companies and products use the most current technology, how accessible and compatible the technology is, and if the company or product is a technological leader in its industry.
- Value: We look at what you get for the price you pay, including any additional fees or expenses that may pop up.
The customer reviews you see here are the result of direct feedback from former or current home security customers. We do not pay customers for reviews. If they participate, reviewers do have the opportunity to enter various contests for the chance to be randomly selected as a winner. We do not reward reviewers based on whether their written analysis is positive or negative—we publish full and complete reviews from individuals with no alterations. We do select which reviews will be published, excluding reviews due to language and inappropriate or irrelevant content.
In accordance with the FTC guidelines concerning use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following:
Testimonials appearing on this site are actually received from consumers via text, audio, or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used the products or services. However, they are individual results, and results do vary. SafeWise does not claim that they are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not necessarily representative of all of those who will use the products or services.
Testimonials displayed are given verbatim. SafeWise is not responsible for any of the opinions or comments posted on this site. SafeWise does not necessarily share the opinions, views, or commentary of any testimonials on this site, which are strictly the views of the reviewer.