Home automation company Vivint serves nearly one million customers and this number is on the rise, thanks to the smart solutions and unmatched customer service. At the hub of Vivint’s myriad of services is the Vivint touchscreen control panel. Take a peek at its powerful features and some of the panel’s basic security controls.
The Power of the Vivint Touchscreen Control Panel
The Vivint touchscreen control panel offers a slim profile and an impressively clean layout that not only make it unobtrusive, but remarkably user friendly. Best yet, the panel connects every aspect of your home automation system including security, video, lighting, HVAC and more. You’ll enjoy controlling all aspects of your home from one small panel, and you’ll even be able to control your home on the go. That’s because the touchscreen panel also provides you with remote control capabilities, so you can check in on your home no matter where you roam. Plus, the Vivint system is completely wireless so you don’t need a home phone.
Vivint understands the importance of hands-free communication during an emergency. That’s why they have designed the panel to provide two-way communication, so you can talk directly with a Vivint security professional right through the control panel. You’ll also appreciate that Vivint has customer service professionals standing by 24×7 should you have any questions about your Vivint touchscreen control panel.
6 Essential Security Functions of the Vivint Touchscreen Panel
Understanding the basic security functions of your Vivint touchscreen panel is the first step toward protecting your family. We’ll get you started by explaining six of the panel’s basic controls.
1. Adding a User Code
To add a user code, begin by pressing the Home button. Located in the lower right corner of the panel, this button looks like a house. You’ll use the Home button to begin every action. Now you’ll use the touchscreen. Touch the green rectangle labeled Security, then select Menu. Next, touch the Toolbox button and then choose User Codes. You’ll be prompted to enter the Master Code, and then select the number of users you want to add. Choose a four-digit code and press the button marked OK. You’ll be asked to re-enter the code, then press OK button again.
2. Calibrating the Touch Screen
Press the Home button, then choose the green Security button from the touchscreen. Press Menu, select Toolbox, and then use the Right Arrow button to forward to the next screen of options. Press Calibrate Touch Screen, then touch the Plus Signs (+) as they appear.
3. Adjusting Brightness and Volume
Press the Home button, then the green Security button. Next touch the Menu button and select the Toolbox. Search the options for the Brightness/Volume button, and select it. You’ll now have the ability to adjust the brightness and volume. Once you have done so, touch the OK button to save your changes.
4. Arming the System Thanks to the intuitive touchscreen panel, you’ll find arming your Vivint home alarm system is effortless. Start by pressing the Home button, then touch the Security button. Next you will see a green button displaying a small lock icon and labeled Arm. Touch the Arm button and then press the Silent Exit check box to silence the audible countdown. Uncheck the Entry Delay check box if you want an alarm to sound instantly when any portion of the system has been tripped.
On the same touchscreen you’ll see two house icons. One is labeled Stay and the other is labeled Away. Press Stay to activate the entire alarm system except the motion detectors or touch Away to arm your home’s entire system including motion detectors.
5. Disarming the System In four fast steps you’ll disarm your home’s Vivint security system. Press Home, then press Security. In place of the green Arm button, you’ll see a red Disarm button. Press the Disarm button and you’ll be prompted to enter your four digit code. If the alarm is activated, the touchscreen panel will display a 60 second countdown timer and you’ll be promoted to enter your four digit code.
6. Learning the system History Like the name implies the System History function will tell you what’s been going on in your home.
Press the Home button then touch Security, Menu, Toolbox. On the first page of Toolbox options you’ll see a button labeled System History. Press that button, enter your Master Code, and you’ll be taken to a screen that displays your system’s activity. If you’re looking for a specific event, use the arrow buttons and filter options to help you find it quickly. When you’ve found what you’re looking for, simply touch the Home button to escape the System History screen.
Offering full home automation integration, the Vivint touchscreen control panel is not only a time saver, it’s a cinch to become acquainted with. Explore more benefits Vivint offers, including the details of plans, pricing and equipment options and then read what Vivint customers are saying about this revolutionary wireless home security solution.