#1. Guardline Wireless Driveway Alarm
Guardline is the highest-ranked driveway alarm out of all those we looked at, and it’s easy to see why. The Guardline is more than just a barebones sensor—it comes with more than 30 customizable alert sounds and can be expanded to include up to 16 different sensors, or four zones with four sensors per zone. You can pair specific sounds with specific sensors so you’ll always know where the motion is without looking.
The Guardline allows for 500 feet between the sensor and the receiver, although heavy foliage and thick walls will reduce this distance. If you need a longer range, you can pay more for a similar Guardline model with a distance of a quarter mile. The sensors themselves are built to withstand all types of weather and work without interference, and the receivers come with a battery backup as well as a 12-volt relay to link them to additional external alarms.
Guardline claims two years of testing went into each product, and the reviews seem to back that up. With over 1,000 reviews on Amazon, the Guardline earns consistently high ratings—an impressive track record, no matter the product.
Pricing and Tech Specs
- Price: Around $100
- Power source: Battery backup
- Detection range: 40 feet
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 4 x 5.5 in.
- Customizable tones let you know which sensor has been triggered.
- The Guardline comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The distance between the sensor and receiver isn’t as far as some of the competition.
- The sensor is too sensitive at times, going off because of squirrels and other small animals.