Aloe Care Health performed better than GetSafe in the following ways:
- Better audio quality: The monitor sounded crystal-clear through Aloe Care’s Smart Hub speaker, whereas the GetSafe speaker crackled and had some distortion.
- Easier call cancellation: Our GetSafe test calls still went through even when we thought we’d canceled them. All Aloe Care calls were canceled successfully.
- Better caregiver app: The Aloe Care Health app had way more features, including motion alerts and the ability to call your loved one’s Smart Hub.
- Better location tracking: Although both mobile devices gave accurate location readings, we preferred Aloe Care Health’s nifty satellite view and driving directions.
GetSafe surpassed Aloe Care Health in these categories:
- Easier voice activation: You have to say GetSafe’s wake word (“Call 911”) twice, whereas Aloe Care’s wake word (“Emergency”) has to be said at least four times.
- Faster answer times: On average, GetSafe’s monitors answered our calls nine seconds faster than Aloe Care’s monitors.
If you’re interested in a mobile medical alert system, you’ll get a better price through Aloe Care Health.
You can’t buy a GetSafe mobile medical alert system without an in-home system and an extra mobile monitoring fee. This means you’ll pay at least $178 for equipment plus $47.95 per month for in-home and on-the-go coverage.
On the other hand, you can buy Aloe Care Health’s Mobile Companion for $99 plus a $24.99 monthly monitoring fee.
The Aloe Care Health app is included with monitoring, whereas GetSafe charges an extra $5 per month for its app. Aloe Care Health also offers free shipping for all of its packages—GetSafe doesn’t.
GetSafe’s pricing structure for an in-home system is totally unique among medical alert companies: you pay a flat monthly fee regardless of how much in-home equipment you buy. And best of all, that monthly fee is an affordable $27.95.
GetSafe’s in-home equipment is also cheaper than Aloe Care’s. For example, GetSafe’s Starter package is comparable to Aloe Care’s Essentials package but costs $70 less.
GetSafe’s also the better choice for spouse coverage: it’s free to register your spouse’s information on your account. On the other hand, Aloe Care Health requires a separate paid account for spouses.
Budget at least another $12 in shipping fees if you choose GetSafe. Expedited shipping is available at around $40.