The Eufy Smart Lock Touch is the Swiss army knife of smart door locks. It gives you five different ways to unlock your door. Even better, Eufy Smart Lock Touch costs less than competitors that offer the same technology. Disappointingly, a few things, like limited door compatibility and key problems, will make this electronic door lock a no-go for many homes.
Eufy Smart Lock Touch vs. other smart locks
Physical key option
Smart home compatibility
|Best overall||$193.89 (sale)|
|Alexa, Google, Homekit||View on Amazon||Read Review|
|Best for Amazon Key||$249.00|
|Alexa, Google||View on Amazon||Read Review|
|Best budget pick||$129.98|
|Alexa, Google||View on Amazon||Read Review|
|Best design||Starting at $170.72|
|Alexa, Google, SmartThings, Z-Wave, Zigbee||View on Amazon||Read Review|
|Best fingerprint lock||$199.00 (sale)|
|Alexa, Google, IFTTT||View on Amazon||Read Review|
|Alexa, Google†||View on Amazon|
*Amazon.com price as of post date. Read full disclaimer.
†Google and Google Nest Secure are trademarks of Google LLC.
Eufy Touch: 5 ways to lock
The best part about the Eufy Touch are the oodles of ways it operates:
- Fingerprint: It scans and unlocks your door in less than two seconds. No more dancing as you fumble for your keys to make a mad dash to the restroom after a long car trip.
- Key: We wish more smart companies would give us key options. It’s good to have just in case the batteries die or the tech goes kaput.
- App: No more turning the car around to make sure you locked the front door. The lock’s app will lock or unlock your door from anywhere.
- Keypad: Give a keypad code to the babysitter, dog walker, or your house sitter for quick, keyless access that you can disable at any time.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant: Use Alexa or Google voice commands to lock the Eufy Touch without getting up from your snuggly spot on the couch.
Eufy Touch incorporates smart security
Eufy checked all the boxes when it came to smart lock safety and security:
- Built to last: The drill-proof casing prevents potential intruders from breaking in via power tools. The lock also has a BHMA Grade 2 Security Certification and is certified by the American National Standards Institute.
- Hands-free locking: The auto-lock feature will lock the door behind you as you leave, which is particularly helpful when you’re juggling packages or a couple of wiggling toddlers.
- Dead battery backup: Use the emergency unlock port to plug a portable charger into power the deadbolt if the batteries unexpectedly go kaput.
- Local storage: Your fingerprint information is stored locally, not on the app or in a database, making it harder for hackers to access.
Eufy Touch doesn’t work for all doors (maybe)
When we found out that Eufy Touch works only with lever handle doors, we nearly cried out in dismay. This smart lock has so much going for it. The fact that it doesn’t work with various door types is a big letdown.
Why only lever doors? We don’t know. Even after chatting at length with Eufy, we still don’t know. The representative seemed confused too. It may have to do with the automatic locking feature, but we’re not sure why having a doorknob instead of a lever would make a difference. Some users report that it works just fine with doors with a knob. We’re testing it to see and will update when we find out.
On the bright side, you can send a picture of your door to Eufy, and a rep will confirm if your door is compatible with the Eufy Touch.
Eufy Touch keys are hard to copy
Eufy Touch has weird keys. Most keys have grooves on the side, but the keys that come with this smart lock have notches in the middle. That means they can’t be copied at your local hardware store. You’ll need to call a locksmith to get them copied, according to Eufy.
Granted, the Eufy Touch does come with five keys, but if you ever lose them or need more, this seems like an unnecessary hoop to jump through. On the other hand, the inability of potential thieves to make copies seems like a fair trade off.
Eufy’s app is less than perfect
Over the years, we have tried a horde of Eufy home security cameras and other products, which means we’re familiar with the app that its devices use. Though the Eufy Security app has good ratings on both Google Play and the Apple Store, it’s made at least one of our writers want to punt their phone across the room because of its glitchiness. That’s a big bummer for those that want seamless remote access.
We like the Eufy Smart Lock Touch. The thoughtful safety features and plethora of locking options make this more affordable lock feel lux. It loses our vote when it comes to door compatibility. And we aren’t impressed with the app, so if you want a lock that’s controlled primarily with an app, take a pass on the Touch and take a look at some of our best smart lock picks.
Eufy Smart Lock Touch FAQ
Eufy seems to have replaced their original smart lock with the newer Smart Lock Touch.
So many ways! You can use the auto-locking feature in the app, a key, voice control through Alexa or Google Assistant, or the lock button on the keypad.
Nope. Eufy says that the Touch cannot be rekeyed.
The process of adding prints to the fingerprint reader is quick and easy:
- Go to your lock's page on the Eufy Security app and tap Manage Access.
- Tap Add Access, and follow the on-screen instructions to add a profile.
- Tap Fingerprint.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then try unlocking the door lock with the fingerprint scanner.
How we reviewed Eufy Smart Lock Touch
Our years of experience with smart locks helped inform our Eufy Smart Lock Touch review. During our research, we chatted with Eufy representatives, scoured customer reviews, read expert opinions, and compared it to other top smart lock brands.
To learn more about how we review products and services, please check out our methodology page.
Related articles on SafeWise
- What Are Electric (Smart) Door Locks and How Do They Work?
- Eufy Home Security Review
- Eufy Cameras Review
- Eufy Doorbell Cameras Review
- Eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro Review
- 5 Best Door Locks for Apartments and Renters
- Best Smart Garage Door Openers
- Best Video Doorbell Cameras
- Best Smart Plugs and Outlets for Your Home
*Product prices and availability are accurate as of post date and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. Safewise.com utilizes paid Amazon links.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon. This content is provided “as is” and is subject to change or removal at any time.
Google, Google Nest Secure, [any other related Google Products] and other related marks are trademarks of Google LLC.